The Institution has a modern well-equipped multimedia Hi-tech language labs facility established in the year 2013, which is utilized by each department. The language labs were designed to meet the exclusive needs of the departments.
Suitable software was installed according to the need and requirements of the departments. This software works for
the overall development of the learner and enhances the ability to (LSRW) Listen, Speak, Read and Write in general and professional
skills in specific. It is ensured that the language lab is effectively utilized by the students and faculty members.
Students who are weak in their communication skills, first-generation learners, and rural students gain confidence after they use the Language laboratory. It is part of their curriculum beyond that student who wants to access the lab are allowed to use it in their free time. Instructors are appointed to help the students to have the maximum utility of the lab. It provides a good platform for the students to improve their English Language skills. It motivates them to face the interview with confidence, organizing programs, writing resumes, proposals and articles. It provides wide assessment methods to test the learner’s language skills through listening, speaking, reading, and writing along with a rich multimedia platform.
- To improve the English proficiency of learners in all the four skills viz., listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- To give hands-on practice in grammar skills, pronunciation techniques, interview and
presentation skills, group discussions, and listening practices to train them for the future
- To acquaint students with the use of ICT and voice recognition toolsTo provide practical exposure of languages including English, French, and German (level-1 only)
- To present the utmost interactive method of learning languages, through videos and games
The following English language and communication skills related laboratory sessions will be conducted:
English Language Skills
- Grammar of English Language: Practice and Exercises
- Interactive two-way speaking skills
- Vocabulary Building Skills
- Active Listening Skills
- Introduction to Phonetic Sounds
- Reading Comprehension
- Oral Presentations (Self Introduction, Extempore, Public Speech, Formal Presentation, Use of AV Aids, etc.)
- Group Discussion (Unstructured & Structured )
- Writing Skills ( report, article, creative, letters)
Carrier Skills/ Soft Skills
- Preparation of & Appearing for the Interview
- Resume Writing
- Personality Development
- Creative Thinking
- Group Discussion.
- Interview Skills
- Effective Communication
- Creating Confidence
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
System Configuration in Language Lab
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- RAM 4.00 GB
- Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM)i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
- System type: 64-bit Operating System, X64-based processor
Installed Software’s in Language Lab
Globarena software & The Hi- Class Classroom Management Software version 4.1 with Cambridge ESOL modules. The student module has the following content
Students listen to the lessons live and pre-recorded by experts.
- Each lesson, such as accent, rhythm, intonation, consonants, vowels, etc. is dealt with separately and extensively.
- Each lesson is followed by an exercise.
- After listening to the pre-recorded voice, the student can record his own voice and compare the correctness of his/her pronunciation.
- Self-assessment at the end of each assignment is submitted to the teacher (server) for evaluation.
- Student can communicate with the teacher